Bosch bull sh1t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you can tell I am pi$$ed off, I bought a new bosch gcm sj mitre saw recently only to find that it did not come with material support arms ie. the metal bits that slide in and out each side to steady the wood you are cutting. Only you have to buy these as extra's £32 each has anybody come across this, as this is new to me and this is the third mitre saw I have bought.

Sponsored Links
they never came on my old elu.buy a mitre stand,or do as i do and make up a couple of stoliges
ive got the same saw,good saw aint it ;)

Surely you checked the spec before you bought it?

Don't understand how you can be annoyed at a manufacturer for not having something that you hoped would come with it?

Assuming its the 8" version you've bought - I dont know of any manufacturer that has built in sliding arms on that size of saw. To be honest they're a waste of time anyway - you'd be much better off with a decent set of roller stands.

Sponsored Links
I feel your pain.

It happened to me when I bought a door bell recently, and was shocked when I opened the box and there was no front door and no four bed detached house.

I took it back to Argos under their 16 day return policy

Thanks for re Calibrating my expectations. I already own a 10 and 12" makita mitre saws and they came with free material support arms, but the bosch well it has the holes you just have to pay an extra £70 for two bits of bent wire to go in them. I suppose I am posting to let people know.

. I suppose I am posting to let people know.

You've more chance of Bosch providing all the accessories , tools and a van to carry them in than you have of getting any sympathy on this forum, you should know that by now.
Woodys comment is funny mind.

Sales people will tell you,off the record,No trade rates for accessories,they admit its an industry made up urban myth Anyway just more rubbish to lug around

I would have thought it contravened some heath and safety law these days not to supply them as standard with the machine.

doubtful there m8ty,as you have to be competent in using any machine then im sure its then down to the user to ensure its safe to use.
do any of your other 1s fit in the bosch?

No I looked to see if they fitted but they are miles out. When I think about it if someone can sue Mc donalds for not putting warning! hot on there coffee cups, then someone at bosch is taking a chance for the sake of a couple of quid. I know what you mean about being competent to use one, but any body can buy one. Some one told me the other day you have to be careful when buying a new car these days as you may not have a spare wheel only a can of expanding foam for a punchure :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back