Bosch Classixx 1200 Express WM - How to remove filter tray in detergent draw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. Its got to be at least 12 years old (it came wit the house!) but has been a very solid work horse but hasn't had any regular maintenance/cleaning.

I have been having some problems recently with the fabric softener not draining from the draw. After some investigation I found the draw extremely clogged up with black gunk so gave everything a good clean. Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

After some more research I found out that the cause is likely the water isn't actually getting into the tray in the first place as the jets are blocked. I found a youtube video showing you how to use a dental flossing brush to clear out the 4 x small squares above the tray (in the centre) where the water comes in. Quite a bit of gunk came out, but the problem remained.

I repeated this process a couple of times (even trying some compressed air to blow out more gunk), but still no joy.

I think the issue is that the entire filter tray above the detergent draw is gunked up. I have read some people say that it is possible to remove this tray, but I am not sure how. I am able to get my fingers underneath it at the back and pull it down a bit, but it feels like it will snap if I keep prying. I am sure I read somewhere that it needs to be pulled from the front, but there doesnt seem anywhere to pry it from. I also read that I might need to remove the top of the WM to access it (this wont be particularly easy due to location so is least preferable).

Any advice on removing/cleaning this upper filter tray would be appreciated! Hopefully I can keep this old lady going for a bit longer!

wm1.png

wm2.png

Sponsored Links
mjgreen81, god evening.

I have never had one of these machines, but have run repairs on several machines we have owned.

Suggest you consider using a steamer on the inside of the drawer compartment??

Or???

Remove the lid, generally held in place by two screws, that are located on the rear of the machine just below the lid, after removal, the tops generally slides off.

Once inside you will be able to see the water dispenser from above, the water dispenser may be a sealed unit??? [replacement part?? or it may dismantle? if it does the latter be careful on re-assembly get it wrong and it will leak.

Ken.

mjgreen81, god evening.

I have never had one of these machines, but have run repairs on several machines we have owned.

Suggest you consider using a steamer on the inside of the drawer compartment??

Or???

Remove the lid, generally held in place by two screws, that are located on the rear of the machine just below the lid, after removal, the tops generally slides off.

Once inside you will be able to see the water dispenser from above, the water dispenser may be a sealed unit??? [replacement part?? or it may dismantle? if it does the latter be careful on re-assembly get it wrong and it will leak.

Ken.

Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back