Bosch dishwasher has stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch dishwasher model smv40c30gb, about 11 years old, never really given me any problems until now.

It's not draining water any more or cleaning dishes.
It doesn't complete a cycle anymore or use the tablet, the timer only counts down part way and then then machine will run indefinitely but the timer will not count down or complete a cycle.

The tap symbol used to appear sometimes before but a reset used to fix it, it doesn't anymore, the tap symbol just comes and goes on it's own.

There is no error code.

I've removed the drain filter, it's clean.

I've removed the drain cover to check the impeller for obstructions but there are none and the impeller is moving freely.

Does this sound like an economic repair or should I just replace it?

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not Ken, I tried running it on its hottest cycle for hours but it wouldn't finish. When I finally turned it off at the mains and opened it, the inside was not very warm (no steam either).

I've seen online that some Bosch dishwashers have a problem with the solder burning off a heating relay which results in a problem like this but not sure if the one I have would be affected, it's a SGV46M03GB/36

Would be a cheap fix if that's the issue.

Sponsored Links
Spikyface, good evening again.

OK there are various bits of information on the WWW can I suggest you Google your model and see what pops up, also add to the search field add "problems" or "not heating" Etc.

Another source is YouTube where there are many "glossy" presentations that are crap, some are indeed OK

All I can suggest is to check out both above and see what pops up?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back