Bosch GOS 10.8 V-LIN Inspection Camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these before Christmas. Bosch GOS 10.8 V-LIN Inspection Camera and now find I need the camera to be longer so I need to buy an extension for it, but am having severe trouble getting one, I can find other makes (dont know if these will work or may damage my camera) that look the same so does any one here know where I can get a 3ft extension for this from?.

Sponsored Links
Probably end up phoning bosch next week if I cant find one on the net to buy, thanks for a quick reply

Probably end up phoning bosch next week if I cant find one on the net to buy, thanks for a quick reply

the milwakee one is very similar[near identical] so are sharing components have a look at it but suspect its the same 4ft/1220mm :LOL:

if you do have any joy please let me know as i havent yet needed more than 4ft yet but may need later

batterytools015-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'd not looked at the milwakee one I will have a nose in the morning at that one , I am trying to find the shop that has the two which look the same as the bosch one, I did not bookmark the site as its a site I have never used, if I can find it I give them a ring and see if they know weather one of them will work with mine, seem to remember 3ft ext was about £32 which I think is quite cheap. will post back as soon as I know for definate.

aahh ok just assumed fiber optics needed accurate physical lining up shows you what i know lol

I did not think that there were fibre-optic. Aren't they just a small camera at the end connected by normal copper wire?

I can't really see ( :rolleyes: ) the use for longer extensions as the whole thing gets difficult to use and direct then

BTW, Bosch now have a new 12v range ... same shape and style as the 10.8v units but just slightly bigger. It's just the drill and impact driver for now

I did not think that there were fibre-optic. Aren't they just a small camera at the end connected by normal copper wire?

I can't really see ( :rolleyes: ) the use for longer extensions as the whole thing gets difficult to use and direct then

i think you are right there it has 9 pins :D
not sure why i thought it was fiber optics :eek:

I bought one of these before Christmas. Bosch GOS 10.8 V-LIN Inspection Camera and now find I need the camera to be longer so I need to buy an extension for it

Yoyo, just be careful what you order if your ordering off the internet, i recently bought the dewalt inspection camera AND the extension too at a further cost of £60 thinking it would be just that.....an EXTENSION but it isn't.

I mistakenly thought you screw/clip on the 3ft extension to the camera and then screw/clip the supplied camera to that, giving you 6ft, how wrong and p***** of was i when i found the extension was only just another camera, exactly the same as the supplied one apart from it has a 9mm camera head instead of the 17mm one that comes with it, neither camera comes off so you do not join them together, i tell you dewalt got the hairdrier treatment from me that day......why advertise something as an EXTENSION when it clearly is not, its a replacement!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Done a bit of nosing and this is one of the ones I think may fit

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/ridgid-31...cable-for-seesnake-micro-microexplorer-p13767

and at £26 its not too dear. Will still check it out more before I get this though and see if bosch can sort me (hopefully at a reasonable cost).
crank39 thanks for the heads up on that one as a few of them I'v seen are written in a way that you would think its just an extension but its not.

I've just done some digging tonight just to satisfy myself and dewalt list the extension as DCT4103 yet that is what i bought seperately and it has a plug at one end and a 9mm camera at the other, it has not got a plug at each end so it cannot be an extension.

Some are very misleading the way they are written..
I did not think it would be such a pain to buy an extension for this. Think I should of bought the Rigid scope as bits for these are easy to get..

I gave in and ordered a Bosch one at £58 from axminster tools as I could not get a definate answer from the shop I phoned about the rigid one,
A bit expensive for a length of bendy wire, but at least I know it will fit and not cause me any issues, hope they send me the right one though.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back