Bosch oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to the forum, can anyone help, I have a cooker switch with socket on 6 mm then to a cooker connection plate on a 45 amp cb. the new Bosch oven i have purchased is rated at 2900 watts and needs to be hard wired. Will the cb need to be reduced and to what amp would members recommend.
Regards martin

Sponsored Links
Does the instructions specifically say 'must be hardwired' or it just doesn't come with a plug on it?

2.9kW is less than 13A so there is nothing wrong with putting a plug on the oven, and then replacing your cooker connection plate for a single socket (assuming you buy one that will take 6mm in the terminals)

Thanks for your reply, phoned Bosch the cooker must be hard wired I was going to wire to the existing cooker plate so no messing and was wondering if I should drop the fuse but unsure to what amp. Bosch have no technical line and not very helpful, hob came wiried with plug and 13 amp fuse so no prob, friend to me not to bother to drop the fuse but this is where I am unsure.
Regards

Hi all new to the forum, can anyone help, I have a cooker switch with socket on 6 mm then to a cooker connection plate on a 45 amp cb. the new Bosch oven i have purchased is rated at 2900 watts and needs to be hard wired. Will the cb need to be reduced and to what amp would members recommend.
Regards martin

What do Bosch say? Generally the CB is to protect the 6mm wiring so I would not change it.

Sponsored Links
Bosch don't say anything at all, only that is 2900 watt. So I should be OK to wire it to existing cooker plate on the 45 amp cb.
Regards martin

Does the instructions specifically say 'must be hardwired' or it just doesn't come with a plug on it?
A person of a cynical persuasion might think that a maker states that a hardwired connection is required for a 2900W appliance in order to sidestep the requirements of the Plugs and Sockets etc (Safety) Regulations 1994....

A person of a cynical persuasion might think that a maker states that a hardwired connection is required for a 2900W appliance in order to sidestep the requirements of the Plugs and Sockets etc (Safety) Regulations 1994....
I would tend to agree with said cynical person, maybe it's just to save on the cost of a plug :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back