Bosch SGS43C12GB/08 dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch SGS43C12GB/08 dishwasher, and the issue we are having is that firstly it would not get past filling and then draining that water away - it just will sit there draining for as long as you leave it on. But I have also noticed that during this first cycle the water is cold, but to be honest we have never opened the door during the first cycle to know if it is meant to be cold or not - I do know that it is cold fill, so am unsure.

So far I have had the bottom off and checked the pump and the drain pipe as initially thought it was a blockage. I have also checked the pcb, but cannot see any burnt components or solder. I just took right hand side off as well and then disconnected the red wire off of one side of the heater unit, and measured 23ohms across it - so can I assume then that the heater is ok?

I have just had another thought, which takes me back to my original thoughts of there being a blockage somewhere - just after Christmas I was cleaning the filter out, and I noticed that a piece of glass (not sure where it had come from) was sat in the bottom of the filter - could there be more glass stuck somewhere? As said previously I have checked the pump, and made sure the propellers move freely.

Sponsored Links
This doesn't quite make sense....
Are you saying the machine fills & drains at the same time? (if so the waste hose is too low & the machine is siphoning).
Or does it fill, stop, then drain continually (water leak on the baseplate & the anti-flood device has been activated).
Or does it fill, stop, drain, etc in fits & starts (pcb probably history).
FYI...the first 15-20mins of a program is cold rinse only. At 23Ω the heater element is fine (this has nothing to do with a fill/drain issue).
If a piece of glass was jamming the pump impellor the machine wouldn't drain at all.
Can you elaborate a little??

This doesn't quite make sense....
Are you saying the machine fills & drains at the same time? (if so the waste hose is too low & the machine is siphoning).
Or does it fill, stop, then drain continually (water leak on the baseplate & the anti-flood device has been activated).
Or does it fill, stop, drain, etc in fits & starts (pcb probably history).
FYI...the first 15-20mins of a program is cold rinse only. At 23Ω the heater element is fine (this has nothing to do with a fill/drain issue).
If a piece of glass was jamming the pump impellor the machine wouldn't drain at all.
Can you elaborate a little??

Hi,
Thanks for posting.
Ok, if I turn the machine on, and make it start from the beginning it will fill, and will cycle the water around, but then when it gets to the end of the first cycle it empties, and will continue to try and drainn even tho there is no water left in the machine.

I have checked on the base plate and there is no water, and there does not appear that there ever has been.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Remove the LH sideplate. Give the matrix/pressure chamber & transfer hose a good clean (some dismantling required).
Then replace this http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=424099 If that doesn't solve the problem then your pcb is shot.
There are many good threads on the forum describing this issue in detail (some with photos). Use the search facility to pull them up.
//search.diynot.com/forum_sear...0&author=&search=Search+Forum&stype=0[/QUOTE]

Hi Zipper,
Somebody else mentioned the flow meter to me, so I took it out and realised that all it had on the circuit board was a reed switch, so firstly tested it with a magnet, and it appeared ok, but just for the sake of £1.79 I went to maplins and brought a new reed switch and fitted it but it has made no difference at all.

The matrix to the left hand side on our machine is very clean (in fact I cant see any blockages at all), could this still be an issue?

Cheers

What about the pressure chamber & transfer hose? These tend to get clogged up over time & cause all kinds of odd issues. The transfer hose is the short ribbed pipe from the sump to the matrix. You have to remove the front plate to get it out for cleaning (o-ring fittings each end & just pulls out). After all that run the DW with the sideplates/frontplate off & observe what happens.

What about the pressure chamber & transfer hose? These tend to get clogged up over time & cause all kinds of odd issues. The transfer hose is the short ribbed pipe from the sump to the matrix. You have to remove the front plate to get it out for cleaning (o-ring fittings each end & just pulls out). After all that run the DW with the sideplates/frontplate off & observe what happens.

Ok, where is the pressure chamber, and I will take a look?

Cheers

It isn't on the RH side, its on the left. Regardless...if there isn't a pressure chamber check the transfer hose.

Hmmm....you don't have a pressure chamber as such.
Pic 1 is the brake tank (fill unit). Pic 2 is the water softener unit (where you put the salt). The transfer hose runs from the sump to the first large bore inlet at the front of the brake tank. Take off the cover below the door & you'll see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back