Bosch SGS46E22GB Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Dishwasher SGS46E22GB which is exhibiting issues with the program times. I'll explain, when the machine is first put on the timer shows 133mins. it counts down logically to 90mins then jumps to 45mins and then continues couting down to zero until the wash completes. The numbers that it jumps change during each different wash cycle. If anyone can provide some guidance on what the cause and fix is it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The time is an approximation not a definate amount.

It can vary by such thing as water pressure and fill rate (how long it takes to get water into the machine), pump efficiency (how long to empty the machine), inlet water temperature (how long to heat the water up).

Everything is on a wait till X has happened then move on to Y system as opposed to X will happen for Z amount of time then move onto Y.

This is not to say you don't have a fault but just to explain what happens and why if you set a separate timer it will rarely tally up with what is displayed or the length of time for the programme run.

Thanks for this info Leccy758.

From the way you've described the softwares functionality do you think its likely that I could loose 20 - 30 mins from the cycle time?

The time that is being missed out is in the region of 20 to 40 mins each time the fault occurs.

My gut feel is that I have a timer module problem. Any thoughts / views?

The only times I have seen these have severe timing discrepencys but still work is when the PCB has failed (teenage moments) or when the machine has been connected to the hot fill instead of cold (once with the heater circuit failed and the customer not knowing)

Sponsored Links
OK thanks,

When the dishwasher finishes its cycle its hot inside, so the heater for drying the dishes is working. How can I tell is the water is being heated? I'm 100% sure its connected to the cold water supply and not the hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back