Bosch Washer Dryer Trips electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch clasixx 1200 washer dryer (model WAE24162UK/01).
All the wash cycles I have tried (30, 40 easy care 30) trip the electrics about 7 or 8 minutes into the wash cycle regardless of the size of the load
The drain cycles and spin cycles work just fine.

So something is shorting out but what? And where should I start looking? And what on earth (ho ho!) would cause it to short out 7 or 8 minutes into the cycle

Thx for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Mine is the Bosch 1400 XPress.

The arms on the support bracket/bearing shaft, known as the spider, on the rear of the drum, were corroded and cracked so the drum was spinning and wobbling which caused the drum to gouge a chunk out of the heater element thus an earth fault.

New heater element, drum and bearing set brought the washer back to good health.

Sponsored Links
heating element cracked or eroded and has water inside.

What he said. Easy way to be sure, is to disconnect and insulate the heating element at the element terminals, then run it again. No trip = element failing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back