Bosch Washer plug to dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my bosch wf2401 washer with a new bosch washer that has a cord with a standard 3 prong connection to a typical 110 wall socket.
Problem is, My utility room does not have any wall sockets except the 220 amp one that the dryer hooks into.

Can I hook my new washer up to the old dryer (WTA 3500)? IF so, how since the old washer had some unique 3-prong configuration at the end of the cord that fits the dryer socket. Can I just change out the cord on the new washer, or buy an adaptor from Bosch?
Also... in the dryer electric box to which the washer connects...
Blue wire - positive or negative?

Brown wire - positive or negative?
Green - this is the ground

Sponsored Links
A 220 amp socket :eek:
An AC supply doesn't have "a positive & negative". I suggest you contact a qualified electrician to sort this out.

US 110 Volt ac single phase domestic supply also gives a 208 Volt ac 3 phase supply if you have 3 phases.

I will assume you have a 3 phase plug and socket if so you should get a sparky in to do the job. I have done it before for the US military on deployment but since I am in the UK and not sure on your regulations I will not be able to offer you any advice.

This forum is predominantly UK so information is based on UK rules and regs as well as UK spec machines.

Sponsored Links
Weight78 said:
My utility room does not have any wall sockets except the 220 amp one that the dryer hooks into.

Make that a 220 VOLT socket. Somewhere in the back of my memory is an old diagram showing a 220V centre tapped supply. The centre tap was neutral so each end became a 110V live which is standard for most US equipment. The 220V end-to-end supply was reserved for extra heavy loads - like driers.

Whether I'm right or not, the fact remains that you can't simply plug your 110V washer to the 220V socket in the utility room. It will go bang! :eek: :eek: :eek:

John D

Long story short the US uses 220 volt motors in some cases, to enable them to work on their 110 Volt systems they use 2 phases not all three.

As I said I have done this with the US military but not domestically. I have seen three phase (220/380, 110/208) in domestic properties in Europe and the US.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back