Bosch (with Tecnik badge) dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies to all that have read other similar posts on here re this subject.

Long story short my dishwasher goes forever and the water remains cold. I have removed the washer, an SE6TIE2GB/50 and removed the bottom to get to the heating element thinking that this is the issue.

I have been advised to check the circuit on the element console by checking the reading between the Live and Neutral. The Live is quite clear with there being a red wire going in to the element console however I dont know which is the neutral. Remaining are Earths, a purple and white wire and a red and white wire. Is one of these the neutral or is it not even in this place?

I was told that if there was a circuit (poss around 25ohms) then the problem lies elsewhere, however if there is no circuit then the element needs changing.

Help required please!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps - I am a bit of a novice and therefore please reply in simple terms for me to understand

Sponsored Links
++Update++

There is a circuit going through the heating element, I believe that this means the element is not the problem?

Any suggestions anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back