Botched Floor Sanding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently sanded my floor with a drum sander thinking I would save a few quid rather than pay someone to do it for me. The problem is that you cannot really assess the quality of the job until it's varnished and reflecting the light back at you. Of course, I made a complete pig's ear of it; there are troughs all over the place where I've allowed ther sander to rest for just a fraction too long. The troughs are not particularly deep; just that there are lots of them and they are clearly visible because it is a highly reflective surface. I would like to re-sand to rectifiy the problem. Now, obviously, I could pay someone to do this for me and I may indeed do this. However, I just thought I'd ask: would a hand-held belt sander be effective (i.e. powerful enough) for correcting the problem as I think I could handle one of these much more easily than a monster drum-sander ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back