Bottle Trap

I had similar issue with a popup bath waste, ended up binning it and getting a similar one made by marley - this mated perfect with the marley trap i bought

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion, I did ask them. They said it's a 'standard' UK waste fitting which I know it can't be as it doesn't fit the 'standard' UK PVC bottle trap.

The thread is about a 1mm pitch and I think the standard UK waste fittings are about a 1.5mm pitch.

Hi All

Thought I should close the thread off with the conclusion and thank you all for your help.

The Homebase 'designer' style bottle trap fitted this waste fitting perfectly. It's the 1 1/4" one NOT the 1 1/2" standard PVC one I had.

Hope this helps someone else!

Thanks again to all.

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if the non-fitting nut could have been threaded 1-5/8" British Standard Brass thread, which has a pitch of 26 TPI (just under 1mm pitrch), and a diameter very close to that of a 1-1/4" BSP, which is 11 TPI, or about 2.3mm pitch.

I recall an adjustable bottle trap I fitted a while ago had three almost identical locking rings, one to secure the trap inlet to the basin waste was threaded 1-1/4BSP, and two with fine pitched threads, probably BSB, to secure the inlet and outlet to the trap.

As the nuts looked identical I can easily imagine a mistake when the parts are packaged.

IIRC some compression fittings still use BSB threads instead of the more common BSP threads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back