Bottled gas line to home - what spec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size line do I need to lay from a gas bottle to the house? It will first feed the cooker, then an open gas fire. I'm told by a friend I need a 15mm pipe to the house and 10mm to the cooker and fire.

He also informed me it's a special pipe, pinkey/orangey coated. Is there a special name for it?

Sponsored Links
Aye, but with a heavy outer PVC shield, no? This is to go underground.

Deansplit
There is not enough information in your question to answer.
How far is the gas bottle from the house?
How long is pipe run in the house?
How big is the cooker(KW)?
How big is the gas fire(KW)?
How many bends tees etc in the pipework?
Are you sure that the cooker and fire are suitable for L.P.G?
Does the proposed location of the gas bottle comply with the regulations.
The best advise is to get an RGI to come and look at your house and quote for doing the job to the relevent stanards.
I dont want to seem unhelpfull but there are so many factors to take into account when planning an instalation that most home owners have not thought about.
Ian

Sponsored Links
He also informed me it's a special pipe, pinkey/orangey coated. Is there a special name for it?
Pink / orange covered = Pyro electrical cable . as far as I know :confused: Copper is white covered - But I`m not gas qualified - just Plumbing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back