Boulter 135-1665 classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a boulter boiler 135-165 classic in our home, we recently ran out of oil for it, today oil has been delivered however the boiler has stopped working. i assume this means it has gone into lockout, due to air in the pipe. any thing i can do to pull oil through/unlock the boile or is this gonna be an engineer call out? any help and advice happily recieved.

Sponsored Links
Call an Engineer - a goos one will make sure there is no water in the pipe and oil pump and will fit new filter element and vent the fuel line
attempting a DIY purge can lead to very expensive repairs being required

I'm going to one tommorow house holder got the Gardener to vent the boiler now its leaking oil pumping out black smoke and is blocked with soot (oh joy ! for me? ) :cry:

Ok, after reading other posts i guessed the process may be simple and i am a fairly handy bloke ;) but in some cases with no prior knowledge on my side and the potential for costly damage, i am not too much of a bloke to call them that know. thank you for the advice. ;) blankets again tonight.

Sponsored Links
Just got back from the job i mentioned where the Gardener had got the boiler going - Repair Bill £200!! I can't begin to tell you how sooty the boiler was I have had a Shower & a Bath but am still wearing soot patches
got through 4 hoover bags oil pressure was 400PSI + (off end of my gauge) should be 110 PSI whoops BIG MISTAKE!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back