Boulter Economy pulsating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I,m new to the forum, I have a Boulter Economy oil boiler with a Riello burner .The boiler fires up no problem and runs fine for approx 3/4 of an hour but then begins to pulsate and eventually stops completely.Can anyone shed some light on this problem.

Sponsored Links
Has the boiler got plenty of ventilation for combustion air, ie, is it in a room with no inlet vents from outside, or if it is a balanced flue is anything obstructing the air intake. :?: :?:

Inner flue pipe seal on Balanced flue failed try running it with the front cover off if this clears the fault then the flue pipe needs to be removed and resealed DO NOT OPERATE THIS BOILER FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD WITH THE FRONT COVER REMOVED - this can be hazardous to health!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Inner flue pipe seal on Balanced flue failed try running it with the front cover off if this clears the fault then the flue pipe needs to be removed and resealed DO NOT OPERATE THIS BOILER FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD WITH THE FRONT COVER REMOVED - this can be hazardous to health!! ;)

Tried running the boiler with front cover off seemed to work fine ,when the cover was replaced after a while it started to pulse again,so I will get the flue seen to as soon as possible as you suggested.Thanks to you and Spraggo for your prompt reply and good advice. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back