Box section at end of bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice, what I'm doing is creating a little box section to fill the gap between the end of my bath and the wall, the space is about 200mm x 700mm so as you can see there isn't much room to move there. So I've cut all my pieces and everything looks good so the problem I have is attaching the wooden supports for the top and side pieces to the tiles there is a big lip on the end of the bath so the other side can sit on that. I can't drill straight through the wood or tiles as there is no room to get the drill in. Do you think it would be ok to drill through at an angle or should I use something like no nails to glue it on or is there something else I can do, any advice is appreciated

Sponsored Links
As long as no heavy weight will be put on the area then you can use gripfill/no nails, just make sure it is supported while it goes off. Wait for 24hrs.

Andy

Make a stud frame then slot it into place and mechanically fix it to the floor and glue it to the wall.

Sponsored Links
You build a frame as mentioned and secure to wall at bottom under bath to flank wall and floor and at top as it should be higher than the bath, infills meeting level just cause trouble and leak you need a 90degree angle to seal .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back