Boxed in boiler - safe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At my daughters student house the wall mounted central heating boiler has been boxed in. I'm concerned that the boiler can not vent properly as there are no vent holes in the box. Where does the boiler draw the air from - does this come from outside around the flue?. There is an air brick on the other side of the kitchen. Could someone please advise.

Sponsored Links
I presume your daughter is a tenant. therefore the boiler will be subject to an annual Gas Safety Check which the Landlord is legally obliged to have carried out by a Registered Gas Installer.

The Landlord must give a copy of the record of the Gas Safety Check to the tenant. If your daughter does not have a copy of this document she should ask the Landlord.

the Gas Safety Check will identify the person who carried out the check and the boiler in question and note whether it is adequately ventilated and safe to use.

It depends entirely on the boiler - you need the instructions or give us the model. It might be fine!

Sponsored Links
refur to the maufactures instuctions like chris said, some models only need minimum clearence which allows the boiler to cool down in confined spaces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back