Brain death

No, what I'm saying is that different rules apply at different stages of life but in a perverse way...

Are you saying that someone who knows what they will become should have no right to end their life with dignity?

Or not realise that a relative who 'turned them off' would most likely end up in court?

And yet in the same breath deny the right of a parent to keep their child alive even if the hope of recovery is very slim?
They have hope but it's false hope. People do not recover from brain death.

Sadly that is consistent.

Sponsored Links
Yes. This is not a PSV case where the brain is alive in a comatosed body. This appears to be the remains of a person being kept oxygenated.

I do feel people who have terminal illness should have more control in their death, but don’t see any parallels.

"PSV"? I think that's Persistent Vegetative State .
No parallel at all.
Ellal may think many things are perverse, and he may be right, but invalid comparisons don't help the argument!

They have hope but it's false hope. People do not recover from brain death.

Sadly that is consistent.
So should Michael Schumacher have been 'switched off'?

Or does it come down to money?

I do feel people who have terminal illness should have more control in their death, but don’t see any parallels.
Not 'parallels', but pointing out absurd different moralistic attitudes...

Another example is the US reigning in pro choice regarding abortion, because according to some the 'right to life' of the unborn is sacred...

And yet a large percentage of the same lot of fanatics are also 'pro gun', which deprives the 'right to life' to tens of thousands of the already born killed each year...

Sponsored Links
Another example is the US reigning in pro choice regarding abortion, because according to some the 'right to life' of the unborn is sacred...

And yet a large percentage of the same lot of fanatics are also 'pro gun', which deprives the 'right to life' to tens of thousands of the already born killed each year...
its a fair point and impossible to argue against

So should Michael Schumacher have been 'switched off'?

Or does it come down to money?
Brain death is different to brain damage. He hasn't died.

To be brutally blunt:
ABs brain has no blood flow and is necrotic. His lungs are also necrotic and breaking down and it's believed his other organs doing the same. In short the Boy died a long time ago and his parents are trying to force a hospital to keep his corpse moving in a mockery of human life whilst it rots because they cannot accept the horrific reality that their child is dead.

I think it's time AB's parents gave up trying and fighting to keep his body going: instead allowed the poor kids body to used for organ donation. Surely that would be a better way of keeping his memory alive.

Brain death is different to brain damage. He hasn't died.

To be brutally blunt:
ABs brain has no blood flow and is necrotic. His lungs are also necrotic and breaking down and it's believed his other organs doing the same. In short the Boy died a long time ago and his parents are trying to force a hospital to keep his corpse moving in a mockery of human life whilst it rots because they cannot accept the horrific reality that their child is dead.
Do you have any sources for that?

My medical "expertise" is limited to regular first aid training. I don't understand why human tissue, fed with oxygenated blood and sugars etc. would rot? I do appreciate that over time the organs will fail and the muscles will suffer atrophy, but I didn't think the brain and organs are necrotic.

Was he left without oxygen so long that clots formed?
EDIT - Looks like that was the case - apparently parts of the Child's brain and spinal cord had died and were decaying.

Last edited:
he wasnt stem dead, he had brain swelling and was put in an induced coma

the NHS wouldve kept him going -although he was of course private
Didn’t his family build their own medical centre in their home where he stays? I think I read that they are also buying a home with a medical centre in Spain for him to spend winters at.

Do you have any sources for that?

My medical "expertise" is limited to regular first aid training. I don't understand why human tissue, fed with oxygenated blood and sugars etc. would rot? I do appreciate that over time the organs will fail and the muscles will suffer atrophy, but I didn't think the brain and organs are necrotic.

Was he left without oxygen so long that clots formed?
EDIT - Looks like that was the case - apparently parts of the Child's brain and spinal cord had died and were decaying.
It's in the court transcripts, I don't think I'm mangling them too much. I have in depth first aid training but no more than that, I am entirely unqualified observer.

We need to remember miracles can happen, look at the boy who was declared brain dead, whose parents were about to switch off the machines and donate his organs back in March 2021, he woke up?! You just never know?

There have been cases where cause of death was organ donation. But these are extremely rare.

If your spinal cord and brain are “decomposing” you are basically screwed.

He passed on earlier today. Dont see how the mother can say that he fought to the end though as it was only the machines working him and no sign of life left in him. Bet the Christian charity done rather well from donations with all the media coverage.

Sponsored Links
Back