Greenpeace: Arctic 30

(Edit: Please note that I am able to make a comment without the need to use offensive language.)
I'm sorry

I was unaware that 'ignorance' was an an offensive word...

Next time I shall use 'lack of education' instead... ;)

No, I meant this comment:

"You couldn't see sh*t... "

to Wobs.

Perhaps, "I think you could be mistaken" would have been more polite.

Sponsored Links
But why do you protest to me about something that wasn't directed at you?

Are you and wobs the same identity?

However when all is said and done, there is very little difference between "You couldn't see sh*t" and "lack of education" when it comes to your collective knowledge on this subject... ;)

However when all is said and done, there is very little difference between "You couldn't see sh*t" and "lack of education" when it comes to your collective knowledge on this subject... ;)

And there you go again! I don't care to whom you comments are directed, I just dislike unnecessarily rude comments (and that's from one of those disgusting atheists!).

I am of the belief that if you cannot make a constructive argument without using offensive language, perhaps you shouldn't bother.

On the other hand, I notice that you added a 'wink' icon just now. The trouble is that on the internet it is often difficult to be sure when someone is being serious or flippant. If in doubt, don't do it.

Belarus, the country most effected by the Chernobyl disaster, is constructing their first nuclear power station. Given the impact it has had, these people recognise the positive impact nuclear power has, not just blinded by radiophopbia. It is to be a 1200MWe VVER (PWR), similar to the EPR but it has less overall output and the steam generators are a different type.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/NN-First-Belarus-reactor-under-construction-0711134.html

Nozzle

Sponsored Links

And there you go again! I don't care to whom you comments are directed, I just dislike unnecessarily rude comments (and that's from one of those disgusting atheists!).

I am of the belief that if you cannot make a constructive argument without using offensive language, perhaps you shouldn't bother.

On the other hand, I notice that you added a 'wink' icon just now. The trouble is that on the internet it is often difficult to be sure when someone is being serious or flippant. If in doubt, don't do it.

blah blah blah blah...

nothing more constructive to say I note...

probably because your argument has been blown out of the water...

But wait for it....here is the ;)

There's not a lot of actual topical engagement from either of you, it must be said. Lot's of slagging, not a lot of substance.

Nozzle

Belarus, the country most effected by the Chernobyl disaster, are constructing their first nuclear power station. Given the impact it has had, these people at recognise the positive impact nuclear power has, not just blinded by radiophopbia. It is to be a 1200MWe VVER (PWR), similar to the EPR but it has less overall output and the steam generators are a different type.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/NN-First-Belarus-reactor-under-construction-0711134.html

Nozzle

Good. I may be sticking my neck out here, but I'm willing to bet that this reactor will not go the way Chernobyl did. Such is progress.

blah blah blah blah...

nothing more constructive to say I note...

probably because your argument has been blown out of the water...

But wait for it....here is the ;)

Has it really?

Stick to what you excel at: name calling.

"If you try to construct something foolproof, there will always be a fool greater than the proof."

Edward Teller.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But can't you disagree with me politely?
I will when you can post any accurate facts... ;)
Waiting for you to post any facts.

Also, we're still waiting to find out why Fukushima questions are relevant to new nuclear builds in the UK.

Jan Willem Storm van Leeuwen wrote
(Independent consultant)

1 The physical origin of nuclear health risks is the mobilization of natural radioactivity and
the anthropogenic generation and mobilization of a billionfold of the natural radioactivity.
2 Routine releases of radioactivity by nominally operating nuclear power plants, which are
classified as harmless by the nuclear industry, proved to be harmful. Within a radius of some
30 km an increasing occurrence of childhood cancer with decreasing living distance from a
nominally operating nuclear power plant is proved to exist.
3 Computer models from the nuclear industry fail to explain empirical observations of health
effects of nuclear power. These models do not include health effects of radionuclides within
living cells, nor non-targeted and delayed effects.
4 A number hazardous radionuclides are hard to detect with common detectors, enhancing
health risks.
5 In nuclear technology only engineered safety exists, which is subject to economic pressure,
to human behavior and to the basic laws of nature, particularly the Second Law of
thermodynamics.
6 Inherently safe nuclear power is inherently impossible.

7 Severe accidents are possible, involving a radioactive inventory of thousands of nuclear
bomb equivalents. The extent and consequences of such accidents could pale the Chernobyl
disaster. The risks of such large-scale accidents originate from the reactors as well as from
the interim storage of spent fuel and from reprocessing plants.
8 The only way to prevent disastrous exposure of the public to human-made radioactivity on
unprecedented scale is to immobilize the radioactive waste physically and to isolate it from
the biosphere in deep geologic repositories, lasting at least a million of years.
To deal with the global radioactive waste at the current rate of generation about every year
a new large deep geological repository has to be opened, at an estimated cost of at least
€10bn each. To dispose of the existing radioactive wastes from the past dozens of deep
geologic repositories would be required.
9 The health risks of nuclear power are growing with time as a result of:
• Increasing amounts of mobile radioactive material piling up in temporary storage.
• Unavoidable deterioration of materials and structures of the temporary storage
facilities, as a consequence of the basic laws of nature.
• Increasing economic pressure.
10 Ever since the beginning of the nuclear era the activities necessary to effectively immobilize
and isolate the human-made radioactivity from the biosphere have been postponed to the
future. This behavior has generated, and is still generating, an immense debt in terms of
energy, materials, human resources and economic effort. A habit of living on credit and
‘après nous le déluge’ seems to dominate the present attitude of politicians and the nuclear
world.
11 Nuclear power delivers energy on credit.

12 Information on nuclear matters to the public and politicians originates almost exclusively
from institutions with vested interests in nuclear power, for instance the International
Atomic Energy Agency IAEA.
The institutions United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation
(UNSCEAR), International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) and World Health
Organization (WHO) cannot operate independently of the IAEA on nuclear matters.
13 Health risks of nuclear power are greatly enhanced by economic pressure, as a result of:
• decrease of safety-related investments and staff at the utilities
• relaxation of official exposure standards
• decrease of the efficiency and independency of inspectors and regulators.
14 Health risks posed by nuclear power are an economic notion.
15 The basic questions the public and politicians are confronted with are:
• What are we willing to pay for the safety and health of ourselves, our childern and grandchildern and of future generations?

Spot on!

Are you a consultant wobs? What qualifies you to post so much tosh? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back