brand new rads..how do i bleed from this fitting ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had 2 new rads fitted today..but cannot work out how to bleed from new bleeding fitting they are not the type you use a key on.....i have tried just turning clockwise & anti clockwise...but it just keep going round & round...i have added the following url so as you can see what the fitting looks like ......

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bleedtapsv4.jpg

any advice would be appreciated...it probably is a stupid question..but hey...thats me :).....many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Stick the key in the end, the air/water comes out the small hole in the plastic swivel bit.

standard key does work just hold the white bit with other hand it has just been done up a bit too tight or use a small screw driver in the slot

You need a rad key, turn the small square center pin anti-clockwise and bleed out air until water flows

Sponsored Links
the white part is a free spinning nozzle which directs the air/water which is released out at whichever direction you point it to.

Using either a screwdriver or radiator vent key, turn the square on the end anti clockwise to open the air vent untill water is released.

Hope that helps, Sam

well, thank you all guys....i did not realise that you still needed a key ( modern technology eh? :)....but thanks seriously..cos i was totally lost...just tried it and yep key fits ...so again...thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back