Breakdown cover with caravan, repatriation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to work out, if Brittania Rescue's 'UK Recovery', includes repatriation to home, of both tow car and caravan, even if the caravan is not attached to the car/ on a holiday site, at time of breakdown. Repatriation is when they take you home, if a vehicle cannot be repaired locally, within an acceptable time frame.

I would hate to breakdown whilst on holiday, 200 miles from home, whilst out touring in the area and have the car taken home, but the caravan abandoned out on a site.

There policy doc doesn't seem to mention 'attached', ringing them, they seem to think the caravan would be collected, but if it's not in writing???

Sponsored Links
i would have thought coming at it from a caravan club type direction where the car is secondary as in the caravan and holiday are your main point to cover and completing your holiday and getting your caravan home at completion is the main need so car taken care off with a comparable towing vehicle for part till car repaired or to holiday completion if earlier
yes probably not cheap but holiday completion fairly flawlessly would be worth it --------does such cover exists i dont know :unsure:

Caravan club, I think its called arrival, green flag and RAC all have schemes.
Get Britania to put it in writing.

Sponsored Links
Join the Caravan Club then join Green Flag through their discount scheme- it is excellent. I pay Green Flag £70 per year. For this they will recover if necessary my 5.5 ton van plus caravan. If I'm on the way to a prebooked holiday they will recover me to that holiday, if repairs aren't practicable at that location they'll recover van plus caravan back home at the end of that holiday. Friend of mine came massively unstuck with RAC- when his van self-destructed on the way home from Anglesey RAC refused to recover it because it was 'too long' (this restriction did not appear in their proposal, RAC did eventually refund him but it was all a massive pain)

Yeah yeah yeah I know Jeremy Clarkson (and a few others) hate me for clogging the road with a caravan but it's the cheapest way to be comfortable at a racetrack.

Join the Caravan Club then join Green Flag through their discount scheme- it is excellent. I pay Green Flag £70 per year. For this they will recover if necessary my 5.5 ton van plus caravan. If I'm on the way to a prebooked holiday they will recover me to that holiday, if repairs aren't practicable at that location they'll recover van plus caravan back home at the end of that holiday. Friend of mine came massively unstuck with RAC- when his van self-destructed on the way home from Anglesey RAC refused to recover it because it was 'too long' (this restriction did not appear in their proposal, RAC did eventually refund him but it was all a massive pain)
We had this with the RAC, changed to CC Green flag

I emailed Britannia Rescue and their reply was that with their £70 National Recovery/UK Recovery - caravan would be collected and repatriated, along with the car. I would just need to let them know when I contacted them, where the caravan was, and the car, so they could arrange things.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back