Breville BRITA HotCup Hot Water Dispenser issue.

Sponsored Links
I've got one of these. Very niche but I like it, although does need a good descaling every 6 months.
Sounds like something has shorted inside or thermostat not working correctly.
I'd contact customer services at Breville, if it's out of warranty you might be better off just buying a new one.

With these 'One cup' ones i found that after 2ish years use they need replacing. The inside scales up and no amount of descalant seems to work, i tried to take my last one apart to clean it all but its a nightmare and ended up just buying another.

I did find a different type, the Morphy Richards hot water dispenser, which costs twice as much but is better, you can even dispense 1.5L at a time. I have had this working fine for the last 2 years with descaling when it tells you working great:

Sponsored Links
@SithLordHood I've been thinking about one of these types of things, as our kettles technically gone wrong recently though is still functioning, how long does it take to fill a big mug with water hot enough for tea? I would love a proper plumbed in dedicated hot water heater but they seem a bit pricey so this could be a half way house, we live on tea in this place!

Not long, id say under 1 minute
I set the amount, press the button to commence, grab a mug add a teabag and spoon, get the milk ready and the thing is starting to dispense. You can do two cups at the same time too, one for her indoors plus me!

Looks like you cant really get the one i have anymore but just search around for the latest model!

I have three one cup boilers, all bought before we moved here so all over 4 years old, two are used daily, the one like linked to have a small problem opening the lid to fill, and some times we do get scale in bottom of cups, so wife descales at that point, it does not like making one cup after the other, so we have two in front kitchen one like link and other smaller model, and we make two cups at the same time, on one 13 amp socket using an extension lead which I know we should not do, but boil that fast fuse has never blown.

So adverts come on TV and I can go to loo and make two cups of coffee before adverts end.

In the back kitchen we normally use a auto knock off kettle as normally only used when we have visitors and a BBQ, we have one in back kitchen but not used much.

Why press stop button first? I must admit the large one is slower than the small one, and does not matter where the quantity dial is set, it takes same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back