Brexit working

Antivaxxers by country would be interesting. It probably relates to that number anyway. Levels of gullibility and other aspects such as just wont for no good reason really.

Well, Europe seems to have a higher number of antivaxers given the uptake, therefore by your own definition they are more gullible, so basically you're saying 'remainers' are more gullible and lean more toward antivaxing. Fair enough, I hadn't really thought about it before but maybe you're right given the number of NHS staff refusing vaccines.

Loony lefty remainer public sector = antivaxxer. Recent news headlines appear to back up your theory.

Sponsored Links
Well, Europe seems to have a higher number of antivaxers given the uptake, therefore by your own definition they are more gullible, so basically you're saying 'remainers' are more gullible and lean more toward antivaxing. Fair enough, I hadn't really thought about it before but maybe you're right given the number of NHS staff refusing vaccines.

Loony lefty remainer public sector = antivaxxer. Recent news headlines appear to back up your theory.

you do post a lot of utter nonsense.

given the number of NHS staff refusing vaccines.

Recent numbers suggest that has reduced from early reports. The impression I had of the lady I mentioned can be summed up in one word. Obstinate. "obstinate implies usually an unreasonable persistence." An I've decided end of type approach. Her solution to not having jabs just doesn't really hold up. A consultant. Gave reasons for not having them but only said he was reluctant not that he wouldn't.

o_O Anyway without having more info on how the numbers in the link that was posted on vaccine uptake they don't mean much really. Actual UK figures are
VaccineWeek3.jpg

Interesting to compare with age and needing hospital treatment.

Gov - might back off, might not. I suspect not is more likely.

Look at red and blue states in the US. It's quite clear where the anti-vaxx stance originates and it is not from the left. Clearly it is an intelligence thing i.e. thick right wingers are anti-vaxx.

Sponsored Links
:mrgreen: Antivaxxers by country would be interesting.
How would it be interesting? Who wants to know how many conspiracists there are in other countries?
It would be like asking how many criminally insane people there are in various countries. What relevance would it have on the pandemic?
As Noseall and Notch7 have suggested, an intranational picture might be useful for identifying possible causes for conspiracists. But an international comparison is as good as worthless.

Yes it’s true lowest vaccination rates in USA are in loony left Trump supporting states.
Looking at the blue and red states is a very good barometer for Jab uptake and attitude to the virus overall.

It's quite clear that the RWR are the most reluctant to have the jab and are first to believe all the nut-job remedies out there. They are also dying in their droves.

Dumb RWR.

I had one of them lateral flow tests last week

Administered by the BBC film set nurses :)

she gave us this kit :confused: and we had to ask what to do with it o_O

she thought we were joking and asked what planet I had been on for the last 2 years

she talked us through it :)

never done it before or had one

TBH I think the UK's problem is mostly click bait in the covid area and also the style of communication to people in general. I also wonder about news reports at times. There will always be nitpickers around in an area like this even professional ones who make predictions that don't actually happen. It's the prediction itself that causes problems.

In some ways Brexit is similar. Not in terms of cross channel goods traffic though. The gov will have clearly known that there would be problems with that. Actually some of the changes look protectionist to me and smaller businesses are likely to be hit harder irrespectively. Some have give up at both ends. Costs have increased. ;) The gov's answer at the moment seems to be look further afield for your market.

In some ways Brexit is similar. Not in terms of cross channel goods traffic though. The gov will have clearly known that there would be problems with that.
You would have thought so, but apparently not. Or they intentionally tried to mislead everyone.
Boris Johnson insists that goods travelling between Great Britain and Northern Ireland will NOT be checked after Brexit as he dismisses leaked papers brandished by Jeremy Corbyn
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7769627/Boris-Johnson-insists-no-checks-GB-NI-trade.html
PUBLISHED: 18:39 GMT, 8 December 2019 | UPDATED: 19:32 GMT, 8 December 2019​

Or they intentionally tried to mislead everyone

I think they just decided to ignore it and took some steps to "solve" it - loads of space for artics to park and some noises that will probably never yield any fruit. Technology for instance.

There was a mention of a UK man that exported coats. Looked at again and insufficient local work done so tariffs applied making him uncompetitive. That sort of thing has always gone on when it can be applied. We are an external source now.

Another. A deli shop that imports. Coping with a lot more paper work but it seems the content will need checking in some way shortly What's that about? Food standard maybe.

I think they just decided to ignore it and took some steps to "solve" it - loads of space for artics to park and some noises that will probably never yield any fruit. Technology for instance.
You mean they ignored the problems when they signed the Agreement, and thought we'll try to wriggle out of it later?

Another. A deli shop that imports. Coping with a lot more paper work but it seems the content will need checking in some way shortly What's that about? Food standard maybe.
Probably.
Definition of deli
short for delicatessen.

: a store where ready-to-eat food products (such as cooked meats and prepared salads) are sold : DELICATESSEN

and thought we'll try to wriggle out of it later?

Why wiggle out of it? We also have at least one container port where the bigger boy importers play. They are dealing with a large cohesive group. Why would they change their rules? They make it what it is. Perishables are more interesting. Pass but the trade term for an artic with a rather large fridge on the back is a refer. Maybe goods are just chilled for longer in transit. A lot may be chilled anyway before it's put on shelves.

There is another area that may be hit, Cheaper chain retail outlets. They may import from all over the place. My wife has noticed some "interesting" price increases of late. Good one today. She like a particular kitchen roll. More expensive than many at say £3. It's suddenly £4, There as been others even on food.

Why wiggle out of it?
Because to comply would show the lies to be, well, lies.
It will also severely increase the risk of the UK fragmenting, which as TM said, no UK PM would risk. Except Boris did.

Sponsored Links
Back