Can I have some more, sir?

Ha ha ha ha Fillyboy knows what Ive posted is correct and he is clutching at straws.

I'm not clutching at anything, I'm simply demonstrating that you're an idiot, a disingenuous one at that who when making a clearly incorrect statement, then modifies it to make it look less incorrect.
You've been rumbled.

Sponsored Links
It's a buyers market.
Buyers cant influence non tariff barriers.

So if UK become a 3rd country, costs of importing into the single market will increase.

And buyers within the EU may choose to buy from elsewhere.
I saw 'may', but in fact many UK businesses have already been told that their EU customers will no linger purchase from them in the event of no deal.......which Is currently the most likely outcome next year.

Ha ha ha ha Fillyboy knows what Ive posted is correct and he is clutching at straws.

I'm not clutching at anything, I'm simply demonstrating that you're an idiot, a disingenuous one at that who when making a clearly incorrect statement, then modifies it to make it look less incorrect.
You've been rumbled.

About six times as much.

What's your weekly income?

Would you be concerned at putting 8% of it at risk?

How about 50%?

Is 8% of what the EU put out more than 50% of what the UK put out

Sponsored Links
But does that 50% originate from the UK, or is some of it exported to the eu via the UK ?

A significant amount of UK exports go to Rotterdam in transit to countries beyond the EU, these goods are still classed as exports to the EU.

You've been rumbled.

Fillyboy is clutching at straws still.
He can wriggle and squirm as much as he likes, he tries to argue my numbers are all wrong, but cant tell me where or why.

The EU is a far far more important market to the UK, than the other way around.
The UK is only a tiny percentage of exports from each European country.

We need them more than they need us, Im sorry if you cant accept facts, thats the way it is Old Bean.

A significant amount of UK exports go to Rotterdam in transit to countries beyond the EU, these goods are still classed as exports to the EU.
Wrong.

Even taken as a worst case, the EU is by far the biggest export market for the UK, the Rotterdam effect doesnt disprove that.

And do you think services go via Rotterdam :ROFLMAO:

All the member states of the EU are individual exporters, didn't you know that?
Its what Ive said -see the graph earlier on.

The UK is only worth around 8% or less for each European country.

What I'm wondering is do goods come into the UK, from USA for instance , on their way to Europe, and if they do, are they included as exports from the UK to the eu ?
Or vice versa.

What I'm wondering is do goods come into the UK, from USA for instance , on their way to Europe, and if they do, are they included as exports from the UK to the eu ?
Why would they?

I think Germany might be the Global Shipping receiving centre. I might be wrong.

People must get over this belief that because the US speaks roughly the same language as the UK that it is somehow more important than anywhere else.

Its what Ive said -see the graph earlier on.

The UK is only worth around 8% or less for each European country.
As already said, the graph doesn't really help.

If Germany makes makes ten times (don't know the actual figure) as much as another country, then its 2.5% will be much more than Belgium's 7.3%

Wrong.

Even taken as a worst case, the EU is by far the biggest export market for the UK, the Rotterdam effect doesnt disprove that.

And do you think services go via Rotterdam

1. It's not wrong, you even acknowledge it's not wrong by correctly referring to it as the 'Rotterdam effect'

2. Where have I said the EU is not the UK's biggest export market, could you provide a link to that please.

3. No I don't think services are exported via Rotterdam. Hence:

As already said, the graph doesn't really help.

If Germany makes makes ten times (don't know the actual figure) as much as another country, then its 2.5% will be much more than Belgium's 7.3%

Yes I appreciate that Germany exports more to UK than Latvia in value.

However the the UK exports £280b to the EU, amounting to nearly 50% of its total exports.

If Germany export 8% or Latvia 8% to the UK (not the actual figures)., it is a less important market to each of those countries......but an 8% export market is the same importance to both Germany and Latvia, despite the total value being different.

Brexiteers compare UK exports and EU imports by comparing the amounts in terms of UK gdp %.......which is meaningless.

Sponsored Links
Back