Brick pizza oven advice ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Guys i wonder if you can give me any advice i am wanting to build a brick pizza oven

i have watched alot of youtube videos but i cant seem to find out what mortar folk are using i suspect general cement mix wont be any good as i suspect it will crack

but it doesn't seem like they are using any kind of fire mortar

also regarding bricks i am looking to make the base ( the area the pizza will sit on )
out of driveway bricks and the arch its self out of solid red clay house bricks

i want to make a cheap cost effected oven so im not going to spend a fortune on fire bricks but i also dont want the arch to fall to bits after the first fire..

any advice would be great

Sponsored Links
I built a (self-designed) brick BBQ in 1984. Granted it has not seen much use recently, but in its day, it was well used, and massive piles of charcoal were lit under the double height grill. While it was settling down to embers, the flames would lick the surrounding brickwork.

I have not seen any cracks in the mortar or brickwork.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Guys i wonder if you can give me any advice i am wanting to build a brick pizza oven

i have watched alot of youtube videos but i cant seem to find out what mortar folk are using i suspect general cement mix wont be any good as i suspect it will crack

but it doesn't seem like they are using any kind of fire mortar

also regarding bricks i am looking to make the base ( the area the pizza will sit on )
out of driveway bricks and the arch its self out of solid red clay house bricks

i want to make a cheap cost effected oven so im not going to spend a fortune on fire bricks but i also dont want the arch to fall to bits after the first fire..

any advice would be great

You should search the pizza forum, loads of great advice. I have used dough recipes from their

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

Many thanks for your replys i have got the base build up using standard cement i am looking to use a ready mix lime to build the arch im not sure how this will stand up strenght wise or against the fire

Hi guys i have started to build the wood fired oven i have just used solid clay bricks and ready mix lime mortor as this is what was available to me for little cost

I have attached some images , i still have another arch to build over the top of the one in the image can anyone give me some advice on where this buid could fail ?

Also i have now took the wood former out
And some brick i have not got down as tight as i would of liked is there any product i can point the joints up with that wont crack and drop out once fired up ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Back