Bricking up a small window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small window in my kitchen which the fridge has been hiding. It needs to come out and be bricked up. My question is
IMG_20240115_143514 (3).jpg
how long should something like this take and how much approx should the job cost, I am in London. The outside is plain brickwork no rendering

Sponsored Links
Matching the outer skin brickwork (if that’s a requirement) will be the only tricky part which’ll need a decent bricky and a good few hundred quid.

Fill it with insulation and plasterboard over it.
This will essentially turn into a huge wet sponge in the middle of the wall, filled with interstitial condensation.

Insulating and boarding over can work with a vapor barrier installed between the plasterboard and insulation, but bricking up is a better solution.

Sponsored Links
Leave it in. Get a tin of expanding foam, then when cured cut it flush and then filler, sand and paint. £20?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back