Bricking up window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!

I've just pulled out a window with the view to brick it up. I've got a couple of questions, I hope somebody can help me with.

Do I need wall ties between the two leaves? The window is 1m sq, so not very big

Secondly, I've discovered there's no insulation in the cavity. It's only a small wall...can I do anything about putting insulation in the wall now? Or is it best just to inject insulation later?

I tried uploading a photo or two...but it didn't work :(

The void that need filling is very small, about 80cm below the opening, 60cm on one side, and 30cm the other

Sponsored Links
You wont need cavity ties, but if you have two around, it wont hurt to put them in the middle

You can shove some quilt insualtion in the cavity if its clear enough. Rockwool bats might be easier to push in one piece. Otherwise the yellow drytherm stuff will go into clear cavities

Would it be worth pouring some of the ball type insulation down into the rest of the cavity?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back