Bricks Damaged because of leaked guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have got some bricks on the rear wall of the property which are in very bad state, they turns into powder when you touch them. Think it's because of the leak from a guttering joint, leak has been resolved last year but need some advice as to what's the best solution to fix the damage?
Please see attached attached photos.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_132359.jpg
    IMG_20200508_132359.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20200508_132344.jpg
    IMG_20200508_132344.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
Typical low quality brick perishing due to frost etc. It's a thankless job to replace perished bricks, at any time. Those ones up the side or the door jamb - most builders will run a mile as it's a horrendous job to replace properly.

I'd get the Thomsons water seal out until you are thinking of renovating again.(y)

Typical low quality brick perishing due to frost etc. It's a thankless job to replace perished bricks, at any time. Those ones up the side or the door jamb - most builders will run a mile as it's a horrendous job to replace properly.

I'd get the Thomsons water seal out until you are thinking of renovating again.(y)

Thanks for the valuable advice. I used a water seal of a different make last year, bought from B&q, see attached photo.

Is this Thompson one better the one I used, Is rendering a good idea on such bricks?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522_001210_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522_001210_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 61

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back