Brickwork check

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Done by a carpenter?

upload_2022-2-16_13-48-30.png

Being below ground and not being seen is not an excuse for crap brickwork, yes it may be messier, but things like level, plumb, line, square, full joints, even joints, aligned bricks, correct and even cavity, ties etc still should be there.

I can't see a lot wrong, and that one brick with big perps either side is not the end of the world.

What do you think is wrong with it?

Sponsored Links
The outside is the bit which will be seen if above ground level(as it looks), would like to see a photograph of that, especially with the different bricks, also agree with woody it has to be somebody in the wood trade;)

This is the closest pic front that I have, I will get something better next time

Last edited by a moderator:
No bricklayer done that work, i thought this was a diy job, not by a builder:eek: i presume it's being built in block and rendered,but you will see some brickwork upto dpc where render starts.

It will be built in block and rendered. The bricks in the photo will not be visible, but still I was hoping for something neater and a bit more professional looking

Render should start above dpc level, if you render down to ground level you will have problems with damp bridging dpc, frost problems and stained render etc.

The mess on the site says it all.

It is very messy, but in defence of the mess the whole house has been stripped inside back to brick and there are 1.2 trenches that wrap all around to the porch that are waiting for the second pour of concrete so getting rid of all the mess right now would be a bit difficult

Looks like you are fishing, hoping for something to be wrong, when in fact it's OK.

Looks like you are fishing, hoping for something to be wrong, when in fact it's OK.

No woody, I am content with the work going on and your opinion helped to ease my mind. When I asked the builder his reply echoed yours that right now the main thing is getting everything plumb and level which it is.

My main concern was some gaps between mortar and uneven perps which I was not sure about

I might start another thread in the diary section to document the build

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back