Bringing cold water supply into house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the process of bringing in a cold feed into a new kitchen (we are moving the kitchen to the other side of the house)? How deep should it be a it passes thru the footings or subterranean brickwork? Should it be in come sort of conduit? Does it have to be copper or blue plastic?

We have a concrete floor for it to come up thru, so presumably I dig a hole in tha and then thru to the outside world.... what happens to damp proff integrity on the process?

Sponsored Links
Bring it in in blue and duct it through walls and floors, at least 700 mm deep outside, if its clean soil at the bottom of your trench
then just cover it with sand before back filling, stoney ground then sand trench before pipe then sand over, if you have drains
to go in and are going to cross over the water pipe make sure you get the water pipe deep enough.

what happens to damp proff integrity on the process?
I don't know, the ducts come through the dpm then the concrete seals to the duct.

If you`ve got room . there are long radius underground 110mm plastic drain bends on ebay @ ridiculously cheap prices compared to the merchants- ideal ducts :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. will wait and see what size hole we end up with! I guess I need to excavate enuff to get my sds drill in with the core bit. Best done fron outside presumably.

anothe3r nice one is slipping your local BT engineer a fiver for one of his slow bends. Perfect size for a water pipe and a nice small hole to drill/bash

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back