Britich Gas Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a house last February which is around 5 years old and has a British Gas Alarm.

However we had not bothered using it until now as we are going away for a fortnight, the only problem is that the code we were given for the alarm does not work and we were never given the master code from the previous owners.

We have rang British Gas to see what we could do and the only thing they suggested was to get an engineer to have a look at £85 an hour.

This is something which i do not want to do due to the cost and was wondering if anyone knew of a quick fix to reset the code etc so we can access the alarm functions?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
British gas dont make their own alarms as far as i know. If you can post a picture of the keypad, someone might be able to help. It'll be a common make that they install and throw their name at it.

If its a 'bells-only' system, then at £85 an hour, you might be better of purchasing a new control panel for it and fitting it yourself if you're reasonably competant at DIY

Thanks for your replies, unfortunately i can not attach an image

However i have the manual which states it is a DSC Power 832

Does this help?

Sponsored Links
Grundug said:

Does this help?

Have you tried the default master code? (1234)

davy_owen_88 said:
Grundug said:

Does this help?

Have you tried the default master code? (1234)

My new alarm default is0123, fyi

Grundug said:
Hi,

We moved into a house last February which is around 5 years old and has a British Gas Alarm.

However we had not bothered using it until now as we are going away for a fortnight, the only problem is that the code we were given for the alarm does not work and we were never given the master code from the previous owners.

We have rang British Gas to see what we could do and the only thing they suggested was to get an engineer to have a look at £85 an hour.

This is something which i do not want to do due to the cost and was wondering if anyone knew of a quick fix to reset the code etc so we can access the alarm functions?

Many Thanks

Will this help?

http://www.dsc.com/pdfs/PC5015_v2-2_UM_EN_NA_29003171_R000.PDF

that only seems to be a user manual not an engineers manual.

unfortunately i have heared that many companies are rather sensitive about thier engineers manuals being posted on the web.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back