British Gas man say....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I having my boiler and tank system switched to a combi. For a laugh I got BG to quote me. Boy did I laugh! But, the man said I would need to change all the rad stats because of the change in system pressure. I really dont know much about CH systems (am reading this forum and learning) but gather the CH is a sealed system. Do I really need to change all the radiator thermostat valves for new ones?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
The radiators and pipework operates under much higher pressure with the combi setup (up to 10 times more).

Therefore it is essential all the valves are of top quality. Even the tinyest leak will give problems. Part of a quality installation will require powerflushing the existing system. This requires all the radiator valves to be open/closed several times - old valves often leak.

You must have thermostatic valves on most of the radiators to comply with building regulations.

Sponsored Links
matty hunt or is it mike hunt .. why bother come on and have a go at the who every one knows is most expensive ,,, when you have already been on here pricing the cheapest pile of shi#e about biasa.. billy no mates and trying to get some.

namsag whats your problem? Im only on here trying to get advice. thats what the forums are for, advice and discussion. If you have no valuble input then dont bother

And you are that clever you come on asking about the cheapest of the cheap that most people would not touch then try and slag the dearest when they tell you the proper regs about trv`s....... d#ck.. why waste your time and ours

If I were a plumber then I wouldnt need to be asking the questions. I dont know what makes are the cheap ones and whats worth paying the extra for. Thats why my previous posts asked. From what I gather off forums everyone slags off BG and when they returned a quote twice as expensive as any other I got, I can understand why. I asked about the trvs because he didnt even look at them yet the other quotes didnt mention them. maybe because they a only a couple of years old, I dont know. If I had endless pots of money and no concern where it was going I would have let BG do the job. I dont and therefore am researching and learning.
If you think its a waste of your time why are you replying? Let others who are happy to help and be constructive get on with it.

If you don`t know what is cheap how come you came on with a price that had people who buy boilers 52 weeks a year saying HOW MUCH .. stop being a di#k.. Will leave you to the really abusive guys when they wake up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back