'Britishness Day'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chancellor Gordon Brown's idea to set aside a day for celebrating all things British has been roundly welcomed, the US have the Fourth of July, The French have Bastille Day so what do you think? is it just an excuse to get all nationalistic for the bnp to roll out the bandwagon or is it a chance to unite and recognise the diversity of different communities in our country? (what ever your country of origin), I think its a load of tosh but if we do have a 'Britishness Day' why not celebrate the signing of the magna carta, it should be updated and boot out the royals. :D

Sponsored Links
i do the flag thing now anyhoo mainly to upset those that dont like the flag

i use the union jack dont really like the george cross ( i know i know ) it doesnt seem to have the edge i am looking for

cant say i have many telling me to take the flag down ( would i ? i dont think so )

have had a few shouting abuse but when they have been shown the error of there ways they seem to go all quiete

me thinks its a test to see how many fugees take up the err challenge of becoming british

:LOL:

We'll all get ar soed and hold an arty f arting competition .. pure Brit. :D

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
boot out the royals. :D

Why? What would that do? You want a politician as head of state? You want to live in France?

When you see sportsman from overseas singing there anthen, I always think about the fact I do not know the words (if I did I would not sing loud, but a mime must be better than thinking when will this end).

I think we should have a Britishness Day and it should be on the day that everyone agrees what 'Britishness' is.

hermes said:
I think we should have a Britishness Day and it should be on the day that everyone agrees what 'Britishness' is.

Very true Herpes, i think part of the problem is that you have some people who keep banging on what a terrible group of people we are and have been, but in reality they know nothing of history and compared to other nations we were and are Angels, so i fail to see their points on the nasty Brits.

Personally i think they get the head out of their backsides and start shouting about all the good things we do and have done.

Freddie said:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!! ;) ;)

Cue BAS and 20 pages ;)
Was there any need for that?

Slogger said:
have had a few shouting abuse but when they have been shown the error of there ways they seem to go all quiete
And how exactly do you show them the "error of their ways", Slogger? In fact, what is the error of their ways? Dont people have a right to voice their opinion any more?

Sponsored Links
Back