Broken bath drainer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I unscrewed the metal drainer in my bath to clean behind it (it was draining very slowly). I have tried to rescrew the drainer back in place, but the screw hole is attached to a black plastic tube/pipe which gives way and moves down when pressure is applied to it. I have tried to hold the plastic thing in place whilst rescrewing the drainer in place (with wire through the holes of the drainer) but it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what the black pipe/tube thing is and whether I need to take the panel off... Or shall I call a plumber? Thanks - A Girl!

Sponsored Links
Hi
The black plastic tube is connects the overflow to the waste. best bet is to take the panel off and hold the tube in place whilst screwing. Is an easy job not worth spending money to get sorted. Good luck :p

as brown said take the bath panel off and hold the plastic thing in place whilst tightening from above (in the bath).

You may find that it may leak though depending on the seal it was installed with, and if it does'nt tighten then the nut has rounded off the plastic and is basically buggered!.

Get the panel off!

.... and if you do tightenit up - fill the bath and empty - check for any leakage ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back