Broken cistern lid

B

bigal66

hi,wife has dropped a bottle of perfume onto the cistern lid,and guess what?Shattered,can you buy the lid on its own or will it be a new toilet,cheers ,bigal

Sponsored Links
You can get some of them, but there are approximately four hundred zillion quillion permutations of make, model, and colour, and you've narrowed it down to, well, exactly that number.

As softus says millions of permutations, if you do track one down they will tell you its 1 of a kind and charge you somewhat loads (rip of Britain).
Anyway son you not got house insurance?Or you like the unfortunate flood victims that didn't bother with insurance then look to suckers like me to stump up through taxes for their meanness and stupidity.

Sponsored Links
You could try your local reclaim yard, just on the off chance, nothing to loose :idea:

And make sure you buy your wife smaller bottles of perfume in future ;)

Thanks nstreet never thought of that,will give it a try ,perfume now in bedroom :)

petetheleak said:
As softus says millions of permutations, if you do track one down they will tell you its 1 of a kind and charge you somewhat loads (rip of Britain).
Anyway son you not got house insurance?Or you like the unfortunate flood victims that didn't bother with insurance then look to suckers like me to stump up through taxes for their meanness and stupidity.
Yes son i do have insurance,hardly think am gonna claim for a broken cistern lid ,unlike some cheating scumbags who make false claims forcing insurance up.

You wont be cheating or making a false claim son if it was an accident.
Anyway you may or may not get a lid and will have to replace at the very least the pan and cistern,if you can get one to match as well.
Deal with these issues on a regular basis and have ended up replacing whole suit because replacement part was not manufactured any more.

bigal66 said:
WELL HOLY **** s**t WE'VE GOT A COMEDIAN
Er, actually not. I was quite serious; it's you who appears to be having a larf.

Hi Al. You can get replacements for cistern lids. You will need to provide some more detail though :D

Do you know what make the cistern is?

How old is the cistern?

What colour is the cistern?

What model/design is the cistern?

If you can answer these in as much detail as possible, I'll try and help you out.

Matt

material.buyer said:
Hi Al. You can get replacements for cistern lids. You will need to provide some more detail though :D

Do you know what make the cistern is?

How old is the cistern?

What colour is the cistern?

What model/design is the cistern?

If you can answer these in as much detail as possible, I'll try and help you out.
Hi material.buyer,its about 5 years old from B&Q ,white and of a shell design ,dont see any make or model on it .The wife is talking about just ripping the lot out and replacing it with the built-in units(no ceramic to break :D )but thanks for your help,Al
Matt

Softus said:
bigal66 said:
WELL HOLY **** s**t WE'VE GOT A COMEDIAN
Er, actually not. I was quite serious; it's you who appears to be having a larf.
Well if your being serious why the stupidity :confused: you either know somewhere or you don't,Al

petetheleak said:
You wont be cheating or making a false claim son if it was an accident.
Anyway you may or may not get a lid and will have to replace at the very least the pan and cistern,if you can get one to match as well.
Deal with these issues on a regular basis and have ended up replacing whole suit because replacement part was not manufactured any more.

Cheers Pete, may go down the route of a new suite,thing is will insurance pay out on a new suite for the sake of a broken lid.Only made 1 claim in 22yr of having house insurance,Al

Doubt you can buy the lid on its own

as softus (who you were really rude too for some reason) says you are highly unliky to match the shape let alone the colour

bigal66 said:
Well if your being serious why the stupidity :confused:
I think you'd be hard pushed to find anything "stupid" in any of my posts. Roll up - have a go.

you either know somewhere or you don't,Al
And you either know the make, model and colour, or you don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back