Broken cistern lid

corgiman said:
Doubt you can buy the lid on its own

as softus (who you were really rude too for some reason) says you are highly unliky to match the shape let alone the colour

"You can get some of them, but there are approximately four hundred zillion quillion permutations of make, model, and colour, and you've narrowed it down to, well, exactly that number." A simple do you know the make ect ect would have been sufficent :confused:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
bigal66 said:
Well if your being serious why the stupidity :confused:
I think you'd be hard pushed to find anything "stupid" in any of my posts. Roll up - have a go.

you either know somewhere or you don't,Al
And you either know the make, model and colour, or you don't.

"Roll up have a go" A go at what

bigal66 said:
corgiman said:

as softus (who you were really rude too for some reason) says you are highly unliky to match the shape let alone the colour

"You can get some of them, but there are approximately four hundred zillion quillion permutations of make, model, and colour, and you've narrowed it down to, well, exactly that number." A simple do you know the make ect ect would have been sufficent :confused:

still a gross overreaction to a person who was trying to help

bigal66 said:
"Roll up have a go" A go at what
I'm sorry, but your inability to read, or to help anyone to help you, is about to destroy my will to live, so I have to go now.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your quest.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
bigal66 said:
Well if your being serious why the stupidity :confused:
I think you'd be hard pushed to find anything "stupid" in any of my posts. Roll up - have a go.

you either know somewhere or you don't,Al
And you either know the make, model and colour, or you don't.

Anything stupid in your posts

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:49 pm Post Subject: Grouch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To any supermarket assistants reading this. Please, FFS, do not:

1. Start bundling my purchases past the scanner at a vast rate of knots before I've put the last thing on the belt and moved myself into the packing arena.

2. Tell me that you've had a hard day, when all you've done is sit down, press buttons, and move stuff from place A to place B (which is a place not very far from place A), and particularly when, for all you know, I've been clearing out manholes full of seven shades of someone else's sh*t.

3. Wrap my credit card in a little impenetrable parcel of receipts and vouchers, particularly when I have my hands full of the stuff that you've just sold me.

4. Lay any note(s) or receipts upon my open palm, and then weigh it/them down with the coins that make up the rest of my change, thus forcing me to put down whatever I'm holding so that I can remedy the galactically stupid situation that you've just created.

5. Complete the transaction without making eye contact.

All of these things are annoying beyond my ability to describe it.

Apart from all that, please do what the f*ck you like. Not too much ask, is
What the hell has the above got to do with a diy board,over 10000 posts ,think you need to get out more

bigal66 said:
What the hell has the above got to do with a diy board
If you post your question on the relevant topic, then I'll happily answer you.

corgiman said:
bigal66 said:
corgiman said:

still a gross overreaction to a person who was trying to help
Well i am sorry but my interpretation of being helpful is- "sorry but you cant buy them seperate or have you tried joe bloggs or as suggested a salvage yard or similar"

thats a fair point but you could try being a bit more chilled out about it

corgiman said:
thats a fair point but you could try being a bit more chilled out about it
I was being "chilled" :cool: my "well what have we here" was a quote from Gny. Sgt. Hartman out of full metal jacket :LOL:

Dan_Robinson said:
bigal66 said:
WELL HOLY **** s**t WE'VE GOT A COMEDIAN!!!!!!!!!!! SOFTUS THE **** JOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An attitude like that? You will go far... :rolleyes:

Go far ? on a diy board??????came on looking for a simple bit of advice and end up with some smart arse who thinks he's the king of wit :confused:

If you live on a relatively new (20 yrs or less) housing estate the chances are the builder put in a job lot of identical/discontinued/cheap suites... if a neighbour is having any replacement work done, maybe, just maybe, one of their cistern lids will fit... but avocado lid looks awful on chocolate cistern (seen that before)... if not, a make, style, colour may be useful, but it may be a case that a new lid is £70 and a new cistern with lid about the same. Rubber perfume bottles has to be the answer!!

bigal66 said:
petetheleak said:
You wont be cheating or making a false claim son if it was an accident.
Anyway you may or may not get a lid and will have to replace at the very least the pan and cistern,if you can get one to match as well.
Deal with these issues on a regular basis and have ended up replacing whole suit because replacement part was not manufactured any more.

Cheers Pete, may go down the route of a new suite,thing is will insurance pay out on a new suite for the sake of a broken lid.Only made 1 claim in 22yr of having house insurance,Al
You can only try ,sometimes you have to chip in but if you got new for old its worth a phone call big boy .Ma missus is same 1 claim 1n 20 year and that was cause the daft boy lost his new phone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back