Broken spider has mangled this part - but what is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have my Hotpoint Washer Dryer (WD71P) in bits. Each leg of the spider had completely fractured and whilst disintegrating it has bust off a component inside the rear drum.

Can anyone tell me what the function of this component is in the washer design. The component is a piece of thin plate metal approx 4" x 1" and was originally screwed by 2 screws to the drum just below the inlet/outlet to the dryer assembly.

A picture of the mangled metal plate is shown below where it used to ( I guess) be located.

View media item 3450
I intend to go ahead and fit a new spider but if this component is critical to the dryer I may not be able to use the dryer in the future.

thanks

Sponsored Links
its only a water scoop nothing to worry about thow it away that part was no longer made 2 years ago .it goes on the drum where the condenser fits ,.ps good luck getting spider of have you taken the nut of the pulley :LOL:

Sponsored Links
we used to have a U shaped bar to hold it still and a big ring spanner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back