Broken UPVC Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have textured UPVC cladding on the outside of my house (horizontal lengths, nailed to vertical battens). Unfortunately one of the kids kicked a football too hard and it has made a whole in the plastic, right in the middle.

Does anyone know if its possible, and how I could, replace the damaged length without taking down everything above the damaged length and installing afresh?

Thanks for any tips.

P.S I have up my sleeve: cover it with a fake burglar alarm or garden wall ornament. But would rather save those as a last resort!

Sponsored Links
Put a climbing gnome over it. :mrgreen:

As with any cladding or tile hanging, you will need to start from above, sorry.

Yeah that's what I thought. Called up a local cladding firm to get their quote. They reckon they may be able to do something without taking it all the stuff above it down, but wanted £250. Maybe a fair price but I can do with that expense at the moment.

So opted for my plan B. Sealed it then put an air vent grill over it. Looks 'natural' and unless you knew, you wouldn't know! Sorted for under £5 and in 30 mins!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back