Brown soil stack if not in sunlight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.
Hopefully maybe an easy one for you guys....

I appreciate the brown soil pipe is for underground.... but is it likely to be ok if it is in the shade permanently?
I've got to tap in to the stack that's already there which is brown and I'm wondering if I should replace the lot (obviously a good few quid) or buy the new bits I need in matching brown and leave what's already there.
The back of the house is always in sunlight so will need replacing at some point, but the side of the house where the stack I'm working on is, is always in shade.
I appreciate UV is always present, but enough to really cause issue?
Many thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone.
Hopefully maybe an easy one for you guys....

I appreciate the brown soil pipe is for underground.... but is it likely to be ok if it is in the shade permanently?
I've got to tap in to the stack that's already there which is brown and I'm wondering if I should replace the lot (obviously a good few quid) or buy the new bits I need in matching brown and leave what's already there.
The back of the house is always in sunlight so will need replacing at some point, but the side of the house where the stack I'm working on is, is always in shade.
I appreciate UV is always present, but enough to really cause issue?
Many thanks
Alex

How long has the orginal pipework been there, that would be a guide for you

Are you sure the pipework has not been painted brown

No it's definitely not painted. It's still the orange/Brown it came as.
I don't actually know how long it's been there.
We moved in last year at the end of October.
The house is a 70's build but there's quite a few bits that have been changed over the years.

Sponsored Links
It takes a long time for the UV to break down the plastic, usually bleaches it first but if at all worried then just paint it black, that'll be enough to stop any more degradation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back