BS7671 17th edition Amendment #1 DPC

Sponsored Links
IIRC, it's IET now.

No. They are currently still published as the IEE Wiring Regulations, and all associated books are also published under the IEE brand which is owned by what is now known as the IET.

Personally I believe that it would be a huge mistake to drop IEE from the name.

they HAVE dropped the extra E from the DPC that this thread refers to..
so it becomes the IET at the next amendment.. ( green copy ).

they HAVE dropped the extra E from the DPC that this thread refers to..
so it becomes the IET at the next amendment.. ( green copy ).

I believe that was the point I was making. However I don't feel that they should drop IEE from the name of the Wiring Regulations. (The IET own the IEE brand.)

As it is merely a Draft for Public Comment, it doesn't necessarily have to happen if people complain about the change.

Sponsored Links
Wow, trying to explain why the odd multiples of the 3rd harmonic of the fundamental frequency is important is going to be a doozy.
The kids in my class this year had a hard enough time with R-L-C circuits and pythagoras.
It is a sad, but undeniable, fact that some people who want to become electricians don't have the ability.

An update of qualifications won't be required solely for the new amendment though.

There seems to a concensus or, at least a large number of us agree that we are being treated as a cash cow, just think of the revenue this will ultimatley generate, and out of whos pocket will this come, yes thats right ours, not one penny of the cost of this will come from joe public because at the end of the day we cannot pass this onto the public. A new set of regs, more update courses, a whole raft of new forms, yes new, just wait and see. I am pretty glad I am a one man band heaven help you guys with 4 or 5 of a staff very soon as one poster said the regs will be chucked in a drawer and forgotten about and common sense and experience will prevail Ah rant over
up the revolution
DM

Ahh you mean the way it used to be

Isn't DRM fun? Acroread (the unholy, awful, bloated POS) will open it on Linux. I doubt anything else will..
Even acroread on linux doesn't seem to like it here "the current file cannot be viewed because a plugin is not availbale in the current configuration". It seems this isn't ordinary pdf protection (which is trivial to bypass) but something stronger.

Isn't DRM fun? Acroread (the unholy, awful, bloated POS) will open it on Linux. I doubt anything else will..
Even acroread on linux doesn't seem to like it here "the current file cannot be viewed because a plugin is not availbale in the current configuration". It seems this isn't ordinary pdf protection (which is trivial to bypass) but something stronger.

Works perfectly for me, perhaps you should take your distro out back and shoot it.

Can't read it with Ubuntu document viewer or KPDF - both ask for passwords.

if you install the Linux version of Adobe Reader it's fine, as Monkeh said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back