BS7671 Certificate

The form I've just received says to get a replacement from the electricians registration scheme. No "lost" option.
Not possible.
If they are referring to a Part P scheme and compliance with building regulations, they did not exist in 2003.
If they are referring to the NICEIC, ECA or similar regarding a BS7671 certificate with details of the installation, there was no requirement for members of those organisations to send copies of certificates to them, just as there isn't now. In any case, the document you already have is one of those, albeit an outdated version.

If the buyers don't like this, there are 3 options.
a. They pay for an inspection themselves.
b. They accept the (fairly worthless) document you have
c. They go look for another house and go through the same process again, repeat until bored.

Final point - the vast majority of people selling a house do not have any certificates or other documents about what electrical work was done. The fact you have anything at all is highly unusual.
You're confusing me with the OP. I'm selling my house. Nowt to do wi t'OP.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links