BSP 'taper' female wall plates?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I'm in need of some wall plates that have female 1/2" BSP Taper threads.

This is something that has long confused me - I had assumed that all plumbing threads (on Conex, Taps, Flexis, etc had been a taper thread... until I actually thought about it and realised that's daft as they all have either internal olives, o-rings and washers. So they must actually be BSP parallel threads - is that right?

I specifically need 1/2" BSP Taper (its actually for my airlines in the garage) to connect properly with the fittings I have. I noticed on this page of the BES catalogue that they list two seemingly identical wallplates - but one is labelled as GasM8 BSP TF and the other is simply BSP.

So, am I right in thinking that all water plumbing fittings are BSP Parallel but gas fittings (or at least wallplates that connect to the flexi) are more often BSP Taper?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back