BT phone bill

£10 a month AND you have to pay?

I use Onetel. £11 a month and ALL calls to UK landlines are free ANYTIME!!!
An extra £1 gives you Onetel's international rates as well eg 5p a minute to Australia. You have to pay for 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Never noticed a problem since 2001 when we started.

Sponsored Links
I just climb up on the roof with a megaphone. ;)

When I first got my own place I had planned to use MSN Messenger in conjunction with Netmeeting in order to talk to my family. Great, a videophone.

However, that old factor "ease of use" reared it's head and it was just too much hassle compared to picking up a handset and dialling. Plus reliability, anyone here who has spent hours trying to figure out a problem with Netmeeting and whether it is at your end or at the other end will know what I mean!

oilman said:
I use Onetel. £11 a month and ALL calls to UK landlines are free ANYTIME!!!
Is this using the BT line ? Also boardband internet as well ?

Sponsored Links
Yes. BT line which is standard rental, and broadband is extra with demon.

oilman said:
Yes. BT line which is standard rental
Is that on top of the £11 for onetell.

The £10 per month that I pay is the line rental. My phone bill last month was £30 ALL in. £20 for the 600mbps cable connection. £10 for line rental. All of my outgoing calls were free.

Has anyone tried www.dialpad.com If you have a soundcard and microphone you can call Australia (to any ordinary telephone) for 3.5 cents per minute.

I havn't tried it yet. (the machine I'm using on the internet hasn't got a sound card), but I intend to give it a try soon as I have two brothers living in Brisbane.

MSN used to include free calls to the US and Canada. That was brilliant, we could speak to my uncle for free! They stopped doing it a few years ago though.

Calls are so cheap at the moment, even international ones. Ah, the joys of packet switching, makes for very efficient use of the available bandwidth.

AdamW said:
I just climb up on the roof with a megaphone. ;)

When I first got my own place I had planned to use MSN Messenger in conjunction with Netmeeting in order to talk to my family. Great, a videophone.

However, that old factor "ease of use" reared it's head and it was just too much hassle compared to picking up a handset and dialling. Plus reliability, anyone here who has spent hours trying to figure out a problem with Netmeeting and whether it is at your end or at the other end will know what I mean!

Also, you're not comparing like for like, using a phone / using typed electronic means are totally different, it is sometimes difficult to pick up someones nuances in an "e-mail" hence the use of emoticons ;) :evil: :evil: YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN ;)

Indeed.

Two friends of mine, a newlywed couple, have just bought 3G videophones. He is off in the barracks all week long, she lives miles away... You can see what I am getting at here! If I get one too, I will have to hope neither dials me by accident!!! :LOL:

I would consider a videophone, but I don't know enough people with them to make it worthwhile.

Sponsored Links
Back