BT phone bill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always pay my household bills through my bank online.

When I went to pay my BT phonebill online, cannot do so because their reference number has been change so has to deleted the old reference number and enter the new one. Guess what I've got the sorting code and now the reference number on their giro payslip is not there anymore.

You know what I'm going to say :rolleyes:

Ring 150, loads of difference menu option, so please hold we're very busy at th.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, I was woken by the caller 40 minutes later then told me this is the wrong department and please ring 150 again for the correct department, but but but can you tell me which department I need, sorry can't help you.
Ring 150 again and now got the right department, please hold we ar ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 25 minutes the caller said this is not the right department but but but please don't go and help me, okay I put you through the right department, yippee, Hello how can I help ......stone silent, I got cut off.

I trying to pay the bill, do they want my money or not ? rant over :mad:

Sponsored Links
There's been an advert on the telly lately, where a woman, having trouble sleeping comes to her window. The dog stops barking, the man across the way stops his music, and a building site is closed down for the night. The message is "wouldn't it be nice if the first person you spoke to, took your problem seriously and sorted it out for you" (or words to that effect). I thought this was a BT advert.

Surely MasonA, you must be mistaken :confused: . BT wouldn't treat you like this :evil: , would they? ;) :evil:

Typical BT customer non-service. You can pay your bill online via the BT website. This is how i used to do it (until the amounts online didn't actually match the bill anymore and i kept getting final demands for not fully paying the bill). Customer non-service said it wasn't their problem it was the fault of the department who manage the website? Surely the data must come from central records somewhere. It will get you out of a hole anyhow.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
Looks like another job for DD (direct debit)
I think that what they're trying to do, brainwashed you into having direct debit.
My turn now, I won't pay until they get in touch with me but there again we are the loser.

if its of any use, i pay mine via the bank, but on line, but its not an online only bank, if you see what i mean

heeelllooo masona

i pay by direct debit
you get a pound a month off for doing so
i also bank on line and check my bt account on line
but i only get my line rental from them

i use tele 2 for my calls 9 out of 10 are less than one unit

as tele 2 minimum cost is 3p i save2p per short call

and they do 4p for up to an hour off peak and weekends

and there is no costs to pay appart from the calls

my phone bills are actualy no cheeper than bt

you just get loads more time for the same money

and i dont have arguments with my teenage son

he stays on the phone for ages and i know its virtualy

imposible to run the bill up

big all

I use NTL (talk & surf package). The phone element costs £10 per month line rental but all calls (to land based lines) after 6pm or at weekends are absolutely FREE.

Even calls made during peak periods are cheaper than BT. The ONLY calls that are cheaper from BT are those to the Vodaphone network. I don't know anyone with Vodaphone, so I never call them.

NTLs customer service is great. You get the usual menu system to press keys dependant on the service you want, but then you are asked to key in your phone number and hang up. They then call you back (usually within a couple of minutes). No hanging around in a queue.

I do pay by DD though.

I have separate everything: BT phone line, Pipex adsl, Sky TV. I have the Skytalk package.

I looked into various phonecall-only packages and now they all seem to offer pretty much the same rates on calls. I don't use my landline much anyway so the difference to me is pennies. My phone bill is smaller than it was when my calls were with BT, but if you look BT have dropped all their rates to match!

Life is too short for me to worry about this, but any of you with teenagers will probably save a lot more!

Sorry? I must be deafer than I first thought. Did Tex say, "NTL CS is great"?

Oh dear.

IMO, BT, bad though they are, are the best of the bunch. You get what you pay for. Did you know for HOH customers, BT will come out and install any number of devices to help you use the phone, FOC?

One of my customers is HOH, and I rang her supplier, NTL to ask if they offered a similar service. The guy I spoke to thought I was nuts. Something for nothing, right? he said. No sorry, we don't do that at all. If you want anything, you have to pay for it.

OK, I said, can you put me in touch with the department that deals with HOH customers?

A long pause.

"we don't have one."

And get this.

Another of my customers works in the local NTL call centre. He has cable TV and had his driveway replaced. Unfortunately, they dug up the cable which was not at all surprising, as it was buried a massive 48mm below tarmac level.

He called them to ask for an engineer to replace it, and guess what "NoTelephoneLine" said?

"You'll have to pay for the damage".

Bunch of comedians.....

Securespark
Sorry to hear of your negative experiences with NTL. I suppose like all suppliers, you get your good times and bad times. I may have just been lucky so far. I don't have cable tv though and my hearing is good enough (just) to use conventional equipment without any mods.

I was also around when they ran the cable into the house. Yes they were going to bury it about 4" below the edge of the lawn. But since the soil is nice and soft there, and I helped do the digging, it is now about 28" instead.

The bottom line is, all of them are just after your money. If BT have a policy of giving the HOH more attention, then great. Their motive however, is probably the enhancement of their own image, rather than a philanthropic one.

a lot of cable companies use sub contractors (or they did) 2 hours / install so they have to be quick (bodge)

Sponsored Links
Back