Budget car tyres

Sponsored Links
Where are the tyres wearing all over or edges

Inside edge only literally on the very first line of tread closest to the shock. So close to the edge that with the wheels on full lock you can't see it still

The rest of the tyre is evenly worn.

IMG20210620140327.jpg
IMG20210620140335.jpg

Sponsored Links
Whats the year and mileage.

It's a 2007, 95k.

It's on its 4th set of lower arms in 7 years, fitted 2000 miles ago 8 months ago, ended up going for maybe HD arms this time, also had new shocks and top mounts all round at the same time.

The upper arms were replaced about 5 years ago.

The rear upper arms were replaced at same time as shocks,

It's a 2007, 95k.

It's on its 4th set of lower arms in 7 years, fitted 2000 miles ago 8 months ago, ended up going for maybe HD arms this time, also had new shocks and top mounts all round at the same time.

The upper arms were replaced about 5 years ago.

The rear upper arms were replaced at same time as shocks,

Springs?

Did you buy the car new? Therefore do you know it's history?

I had a car that wore the tyres like yours - on mine they would last about 13k5 miles before a new set was needed. I thought there was a major problem with the front suspension; dealer had the car for a checkover - couldn't find anything wrong, told me it was the way I was driving the car etc.
Eventually the tyre place I used remembered me from having new tyres earlier in the year and one of their guys said leave the car with me for an hour. When I returned to pick it up he showed me the car with the rack central but with the steering wheel out of true. It appears a garage had adjusted the tracking but on one side only, saw the wheel was not 'straight' so re-aligned that and left me with a car that scrubbed tyres out. Once he had shown me that he then took the steering wheel off and sorted that out.
He then said always make sure the rack is central when you have tracking done - adjust both sides to make sure the car rides straight.

No not from new, had it from 60k, had full main dealer history when we bought it.

Thanks for your story, I'll get the alignment place to check and confirm while it's there as that seems quite plausible

Sponsored Links
Back