Builders leaving door frame in when bricking up outside door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a builder with us today bricking up our kitchen door. Just had a look and he has put thermalite blocks inside between the two plasterboard sides. The outside has been toothed in to the existing brickwork (just started on the outside now) but he has left the pvc frame in?

just wondering if this is the norm :confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How can one build up the outside masonry with the frame still in place???? :confused:

I would have removed the plaster lining to the inner leaf reveals also, but it ain't no great shakes.

We currently have a builder with us today bricking up our kitchen door. Just had a look and he has put thermalite blocks inside between the two plasterboard sides. The outside has been toothed in to the existing brickwork (just started on the outside now) but he has left the pvc frame in?

just wondering if this is the norm :confused:

Thanks
Have you got a photo of how he did it. I want to know for future reference.

The outside has been toothed in to the existing brickwork (just started on the outside now) but he has left the pvc frame in?
How has he toothed it in if the frame is still in place :?:
I would have removed the plaster lining to the inner leaf reveals also, but it ain't no great shakes.
No decent builder would leave plasterboard in place would they Noseall?

Sponsored Links
Have you got a photo of how he did it. I want to know for future reference.

I would also like to know. Never to old to learn new tricks, especially if the door is still in the frame.. :D

Hey Nose, me thinks that Ronny is enquiring whether you have started stabling yer horse now winters coming. Cheeky aint he. :LOL: :LOL:

No decent builder would leave plasterboard in place would they Noseall?
I always remove the plaster so that it reveals the masonry thus allowing me to successfully fix any ties.
It also makes the plastering job (making good) easier as you are removing the external angles.

I have seen dozens of occasions where the plaster has been left in place, with little detrimental effect.

I would not call it mega shoddy - just lazy.

How has he toothed it in if the frame is still in place :?:
While it is impossible to build up the external masonry whilst the frame is still in place, it is however possible to tooth out masonry with the frame in place. Damage to the frame will occur but will be irrelevant.

While it is impossible to build up the external masonry whilst the frame is still in place, it is however possible to tooth out masonry with the frame in place. Damage to the frame will occur but will be irrelevant.

Hey Ronny, why do you think me and old Stu have got Sandvik masonry saws? We get a SE to do the calculations then we mortice the bricks to fit round door frame. Have good day Ron.
oldun :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back