builders sacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got an idea of what the literage of the sacks that building sand etc come in (samll plastic ones not bulk bags) i can only think of the answer in terms of weight!

Sponsored Links
If you say that 1cu mtr of aggregate weighs 1600kg then if they are 25kg sacks the volume will be 1/64th of a cubic meter which is 15.625 lts.

Jason

thats only 46 cans of diet coke, are your sure thats enough?

IIRC 1 tonne bags of sand are 0.6 cubic metres. This would mean that 1 kg has a volume of 0.6l so a 25Kg bag of sand would have a volume of 15l.

Sponsored Links
if it helps your average flip top bin holds 54 litres, so i suggest 15 is too small. maybe 20-25?

does seem a bit small when compared with a compost type bag that holds 80 litres. I know most bags are measured in weight, but then they are normally only about 2/3rds full when filled with sand etc due to the weight, so the literage must be higher than 15?

Yes they are probably more than 15 allowing for the space, but you are unlikely to be able to fill one to the brim with liquid.

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back