Building out wall to hide pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a solid block wall 900mm in width with a sink on it and all pipes are revealed. I am doing up the room and would like to conceal these pipes. I was planning to build out the wall by 3 inches, which will cover all excisting pipwork. My plan for doing this was to use 3.5" by 1.5" studwork and attach this to the block wall horizontally at the top, bottom and middle and twice vertically at thirds. I was then going to sandwich a second length of studwork to each of these to bring them up to 3". Then plasterboard to that frame. Is this an acceptable way of doing this or should I be building a full stud wall for this purpose?

Sponsored Links
Depending on exactly what plumbing there is there might there be milage in have the pipework altered to stick out less far? 3inchs just seems a lot even if you have a 22mm pipes and 40mm waste in there. Presumably the use of 2 off 1.5inch rather than one 3inch is to reduce overall screw lenght and hence cost?

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back