Building Regs - plans or no plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had planning permission for over 2 years for my extension over my garage and kitchen to make an additional bedroom and relocation of bathroom.

It is now time to start the building process as our baby needs his own room!!

What are the differences between submitting detailed plans or just applying for building approval. There are 2 different ways to apply with our council (northumberland).

Can you also give me an idea on how long the approval to start building usually takes.

Any help is appriciated.. :D :D

PS I did ring the planning office but I am awaiting a phone call from the Building Regs Guy for this area to get back to me....

Sponsored Links
if you're thinking of obtaining estimates from builders then a detailed drawing is essential for an accurate quotation. if the builder has a specification to follow then there are fewer incidents of the dreaded "extras" that often blight a good job. with a detailed drawing,
both you and the builder know where there going.
with regards to approval, the hard part, getting planning consent, is already done. building control will probably get back to you in about 4-6 weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back