Conservatories / Planning / Building Regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a conservatory built (yes, I paid someone!....but my excuse is we had a sprog on the way).

Unfortunately we had to go through the whole planning permission thing, but it was granted.

Also, according to the conservatory bloke we did not need building regs approval.

So, I have a few questions:

1. Should I have some kind of documented proof that the planning permission was approved? I did not apply directly myself and have nothing stating that it was approved. Obviously this would worry me when I sell my house.

2. Is it likely that I needed building regs approval? I know this is a bit vague and depends on the specifics of the conservatory. I was told by the conservatory bloke that I didn't need it, but I'm not so sure. Again, a problem when selling the house. I assume building regs approval can be retrospectively given if required, is this true?

3. I believe you need some sort of certificate now to indicate that the windows are of the correct standard. Surprise, surprise, I don't have this either!

Do I need to try and get these things?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Baggy said:
Unfortunately we had to go through the whole planning permission thing, but it was granted.
If it was granted,then stop worrying !
Also, according to the conservatory bloke we did not need building regs approval.
You don't need building regs approval,just the criteria must be met.

See this for better understanding.

Baggy,

Assuming you have had your final inspection, you will receive a certificate. Speak to your local planning dept.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, didn't have a "final inspection" as far as I know.

Time for a phone call me thinks!

This thread is nearly 7 years old, why are you resurrecting such an old thread :rolleyes: . Both Planning & Building Regs (but not usually relevant with a cons) have changed since then so the info here is out of date & maybe inacurate!

A more up to date search of the archive (like the last couple of months) will throw up a few threads that will answer your questions, if not start your own thread with questions you have rather than hijack someone else’s which is now of little relevance if any.

it was a geniune question, do i need to get planning permission on a conservatory, i have heard misxed reports?

it was a geniune question, do i need to get planning permission on a conservatory, i have heard misxed reports?
As I said in my last post, start your own thread rather than hijack someone else’s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back